The School Board on June 23 approved the budget plan for fiscal year 2022-23.
The budget reflects the priorities of the 2022-2026 Strategic Plan and additional resources provided by the passage of the Prop S no-tax-increase bond issue in April 2021. It is the result of collaboration with administrators throughout the District, Team Ray-Pec, and input from the School Board.
Budget highlights include:
- Expansion of real-world learning programs, including the opening of the new LEAD Center to house the Ray-Pec Enterprise & Design program, the high school machining program offered in conjunction with Metropolitan Community College, and a new electrical studies program.
- Step and lateral salary/wage increases for employees along with an addition to the base of salary schedules and coverage of a 9 percent cost increase to maintain health insurance benefits.
- Increased Summer School pay.
- Grants covering the addition of a fifth Parent Educator in the Parents as Teachers program and the addition of a Post-Secondary Advisor to the High School counseling staff.
- Introduction of a comprehensive English Language Arts curriculum package at the elementary level.
- Expansion of the Early Childhood program with an additional teacher and aide for a fourth full-day pre-kindergarten classroom.
- Grant revenue to continue targeting additional student needs in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Continuation of building plans, including a Ninth Grade Center and a Performing Arts Center using the proceeds of the 2021 general obligation bonds.
The budget is based on historical analysis and projections through 2026 to ensure that fiscal year 2022-23 budget decisions can be carried into the future and result in continued financial health for the District. These projections indicate that reserve levels can absorb additional spending required in response to current needs, and still be maintained at the 16% to 20% reserve ratio target in the Strategic Plan.
Questions regarding the budget may be directed to Cyndee Byous, Chief Financial Officer, at email@example.com